Community Hall can be book by citizens for the marriages and various social and cultural activities. The procedure and mandatory terms of how to book MCD community hall is discussed below –
For General booking, the time duration of booking a hall is half day or maximum two days, while for Special Category, the time period can be extended.
It is mandatory to book MCD community hall in one year advance if it is not going to book for religious functions and the booking charges depends on the advance booking.
The documents required to book MCD community hall includes –
- An application regarding of booking the hall
- Notary attested affidavit on Rs. 10/-
- Residential Proof
- Area Counsellor’s recommendation in which Ward Community Halls falls
- Attached Demand Draft in favor of “Commissioner, Municipal Corporation of Delhi”
- Copy of Receipt of cremation (in case of Rasam Pagri/Condolence Meeting booking)
- Name and Bank Account No. of the applicant with Proof
MCD community hall booking charges
The booking charges will depend on the advance time duration of the booking. For advance booking from 3 months to one year, the charges will be –
- 3-6 months in advance – double of the booking charges
- 6-9 months in advance – three times of the booking charges
- 9-12 months in advance – four times of the booking charges
- MCD employees including retired are allowed to use community hall for one day at free of charge, only Tent Lic Fee and Transaction Charges are made, no charges on hall rent and security deposit.
- For religious event booking, Tent license fees and transaction charges are collected along with Sanitation charges, no charges for hall rent and security deposit.
- For “Rasam Pagri” and “Condolence Meetings” booking, no charges for booking, only the transaction fee will be collected.
If you have any query, you can share it with us in the comments section.